October 26, 2017
The Citywide Plan – also called the Plan of Conservation & Development (POCD):
- Every city and town in Connecticut is required to have a ten-year Plan of Conservation & Development under state law (CGS, Ch. 126, sec. 8-23).
- It is the only plan that covers the entire geography of the city, has a vision for the entire city, and strategically integrates priorities for many different topics and different types of plans for the city.
- Norwalk’s last Citywide Plan/POCD was approved in 2008 (View/Download).
- Development of the plan will be guided by an Oversight Committee made up of Planning Commission members and other members appointed by the Mayor.
- The plan must be adopted by the Planning Commission (by two-thirds vote if not also endorsed by the Common Council)